Friday, October 30, 2015

"Olá" from Gustavo

Hello! I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Gustavo Souza Banegas and I'm one of the two ECRYPT-NET participants from Technische Universiteit Eindhoven. I'm from Florianópolis, Brazil, and I've just moved to Eindhoven, Netherlands. During the time in Brazil, I have completed my undergraduate and master's degree in Computer Science at Federal University of Santa Catarina (UFSC) in Laboratory of Computer Security. The focus of my work in Brazil was in computer security and cryptography.

It is single opportunity for me to work in the ECRYPT-NET. My contribution for the project will be in the post-quantum area. From the pqcrypto.org, we can have an explanation of the importance about post-quantum cryptography: "Imagine that it's fifteen years from now. Somebody announces that he's built a large quantum computer. RSA is dead. DSA is dead. Elliptic curves, hyperelliptic curves, class groups, whatever, dead, dead, dead." (Bernstein, 2009)

In the next three years, I hope to contribute for the fascinating area of post-quantum cryptography  by improving it. In order to accomplish, I will be under the supervision of Tanja Lange and Daniel Bernstein.

The summer school in Sardinia was amazing and it was a nice moment to meet with people involved in ECRYPT-NET. I am very happy to work with you guys. See you in Tenerife!

No comments:

Post a Comment